Spinal decompression is an effective treatment method that utilizes special techniques to provide back and neck pain relief. It is a unique method of treatment that addresses problems in the spine, particularly when the spinal discs become compressed or bulge out of place. Through simple, specialized movements that stretch and release the spine's sections, pressure on the discs is relieved, allowing your back and neck to heal and realign.
Here are 5 benefits of receiving spinal decompression treatment:
- It is an effective, non-invasive pain relief treatment. Some common back pain solutions, like surgery, come with significant risks, including possible failure and additional problems for your back. Spinal decompression is a surgery-free alternative that takes a non-invasive approach to relieve your back pain. It also has minimal risk of side effects, whereas surgery can often open patients to the risk of infection, blood clotting, nerve damage, or bleeding. For a non-surgical treatment option for back pain, spinal decompression offers a viable solution.
- It provides a long-term solution for back or neck pain and overall wellness. Spinal decompression does not simply mask your pain. It addresses and treats your back or neck pain at the source for long-term relief. Pain management options, like medications, only cover up the pain, leaving it unaddressed, and often worsening over time. With medication, as soon as it wears off, your pain returns, and the cycle of painkillers continues.
With spinal decompression, each patient receives an individual, personalized treatment plan that is developed specifically for them to treat their debilitating pain at the root of the issue. Whether it's a slipped disc, herniated disc, or wear-and-tear, spinal decompression can address these issues for lasting pain relief.
- It is gentle and painless. The process for spinal decompression treatment is simple. You lie on a table with a harness strapped across your pelvis. The doctor adjusts the table to address your particular condition gently, and it relieves the pressure between the vertebrae. Many patients even find the treatment to be relaxing, and there is little to no pain. The whole process is gentle and painless and relieves your compressed or bulging discs for effective back and neck pain relief.
- It is a more affordable option than other treatments. Compared to surgery, this is a viable solution that will cost significantly less and often more effective results than invasive procedures. Additionally, insurance will typically cover at least a portion of your treatment cost, making this pain treatment option cost-efficient.
- It is safer than prescriptions. As previously stated, prescription drugs merely cover up the pain without addressing the direct cause. Unfortunately, many people begin a cycle of medication, leading to dependence and addictions, such as the opioid epidemic. Instead of jumping into prescription medications, it's important to look at all of your options before deciding on your care. Spinal decompression offers a drug-free solution for pain that tackles it at the source without simply masking the condition.
Making an appointment to see a chiropractor for spinal decompression treatment can help you regain your quality of life and experience effective, lasting relief for your painful back or neck without the need for drugs or surgery. For more information about pain relief through spinal decompression, call us today for a complimentary consultation (305) 705-0777.