Knee surgery can be risky, complicated, expensive, painful, and inconvenient, to say the least. If you’re looking for alternatives to surgery that seek to treat the cause of the knee pain, not just mask it with medication, our medical team is here to help. Our goal is to find the source of your knee pain and treat it naturally with a tailored, multidisciplinary approach that brings lasting relief.
At Aventura Wellness and Rehab, we offer non-surgical knee pain relief for many types of knee pain and injuries, including:
- Torn meniscus
- Injured ligaments
- Runner’s knee
- And more
Non-Surgical Options for Knee Pain Relief
- Laser therapy- Class IV laser therapy is offered to help increase circulation, improve joint mobility function, and reduce recovery time from many painful knee conditions. It can help reduce swelling for many patients and assist in getting them back to their normal activities sooner.
- Shockwave therapy- Acoustic shockwaves are applied to the injured or painful area to help provide natural pain relief, increase the blood flow, and encourage the natural healing response from the body. This procedure requires no downtime, and most patients see results shortly following the therapy. This form of treatment is often a good choice for those suffering from knee pain due to conditions with the tendons, bones, or muscles.
- Massage therapy- Using therapeutic massage techniques can help many patients to find relief from their sports injuries, strained muscles, or even trigger point pain. At Aventura Wellness and Rehab, we offer massage therapy in conjunction with other treatments to help address the cause of a patient’s pain and offer lasting relief.
- Hako-Med horizontal therapy- A revolutionary therapy that combines all forms of electromedical therapies, Hako-Med horizontal therapy improves the function of both bioelectrical and biochemical cellular communication. This therapy can be used to help enhance circulation, activate muscles, and improve their function, as well as offer pain relief, but it isn’t right for everyone suffering from knee pain.
- Chiropractic care- By ensuring the joints and the entire musculoskeletal system are in proper alignment; many patients experience pain relief from chronic pain or acute injuries. During your initial visit, the doctor and team will review the condition of your body, the symptoms you’re experiencing, and your history to create a treatment plan that will address your specific condition(s).
- PEMF therapy- Pulsed electromagnetic field therapy (or PEMF therapy) works by sending bursts of electromagnetic frequencies in a targeted area of the body that boosts the body’s healing response and can provide pain relief, increased circulation, and other benefits.
- Physical rehabilitation- Physical rehabilitation is incorporated into some patients’ treatment plans to help improve mobility and range of motion, as well as offer lasting pain relief. This is often combined with other modalities such as chiropractic care and any other therapies that may be needed to correct the root cause of the knee pain.
If you’re looking for non-surgical knee pain relief in Miami, Hollywood, Coral Gables, Miami Gardens, Hialeah, or anywhere in Miami-Dade County, reach out to our office at (305) 705-0777 to schedule your appointment.