Any time you are in a vehicle, there is a possibility of being involved in a car accident. Knowing what to do in advance may benefit the process and help to prevent any costly errors.
Whether you were involved in a small “fender-bender” or something much more serious such as a rollover crash, being prepared can help you stay calm and follow the correct steps needed after an auto accident.
Actions To Take Immediately After A Car Accident
It is important to remember certain actions to take immediately after a car accident, as hard as it may be. Failing to do so can result in substantially altering a person's life. First, call the police and medics right away to ensure that you are clear from any immediate injuries. Directly after, you should follow these steps:
- Keep a detailed amount of information about the accident, other people involved in the crash, and insurance information to later submit a claim and for your records.
- Take pictures of the car accident scene, the cars involved, and yourself.
- If you haven't already done so, exchange insurance information with the other drivers involved.
- As soon as you can, call your insurance company to report the accident and submit a claim.
- Be sure to follow up with medical care, even if you do not think you have been injured, it is recommended to seek medical attention within the first two weeks of the accident. The sooner, the better.
Common Car Accident Injuries
Some of the most common injuries that can occur during and after a car accident include broken bones, herniated discs, head trauma, PTSD, and whiplash.
The most prominent injury from a car accident is damage to the muscles, ligaments, and tendons, resulting in soft tissue injury. Back pain, neck pain, stiffness, soreness, and reduced range of motion are also very common among those who have just experienced a car accident.
Benefits of Chiropractic Care After an Auto Accident
After a car accident injury, you may not think that a chiropractor is one of the medical professionals you should seek immediate treatment. In fact, receiving chiropractic care can be extremely necessary after an auto injury, especially if you have suffered injuries related to the musculoskeletal system and the spine.
Not only can chiropractic treatments alleviate strain on the muscles and nerves, but it also gives back balance to the spine and helps restore the body's range of motion. Chiropractors will determine why these symptoms arise and may perform spinal and other joint adjustments.
Receiving chiropractic care after an auto accident has many benefits that will help reduce symptoms associated with car accidents, including:
- Reduced inflammation and scar tissue
- Decreased need for prescription pain medication
- Reduced pain throughout the entire body
- Restored range of motion
Some injuries following a car accident are not often noticeable, and they can have a substantial effect on one's quality of life. Chiropractic care is a non-invasive treatment option for these types of injuries.
If you or a loved one has suffered from an auto accident injury and would like to learn more information on how to relieve pain or other services provided, call Aventura Wellness & Rehab Center at (305) 705-0777.