Miami Neck Pain Chiropractor
Neck Pain Chiropractor Miami, FL
A neck pain chiropractor Miami, FL residents trust knows that millions of Americans spend their days attached to some form of electronic device – laptops, PCs, cell phones, tablets, and more. We live in a world that is driven by and connected through technology. However, this constant looking down at a screen, whether that screen is on a desk or in your hand, often leads to neck issues, specifically “tech neck.” If you are suffering from painful issues in your neck, call Aventura Wellness & Rehab Center to see how we can help.
What Is Tech Neck?
Tech neck is the act of stressing muscles because of the way a person uses phones, tablets, and computers. It is estimated that the average adult spends more than five hours every day looking at an electronic device. The position the person is in when using the device results in neck and shoulder pain and stiffness. When you think about the position you ae usually in when using one of these devices – looking down, head tilted forward, back hunched over, with shoulders rounded – it is no wonder that this issue is becoming more and more common, with an estimated seven out of 10 adults having some degree of tech neck.
Symptoms of Tech Neck
Many patients come to a Miami neck pain chiropractor complaining of pain in their upper back, pain in their neck, and/or a lack of mobility in their shoulders. The symptoms of tech neck are usually easy for a chiropractor to diagnose. Once evaluated, your chiropractor can come up with a treatment plan to help alleviate the painful condition.
There are also other steps you can take to help prevent the issue from recurring:
- Stretch – Make sure to take breaks in order to stretch your neck and shoulder muscles. Your chiropractor can show you these exercises and explain how you can incorporate them into your daily routine.
- Move it up – Most people hold their smartphones and tablets at waist level or on their laps. This causes you to tilt your head lower, which also increases the weight of your head on your neck. The healthiest level to hold your device is at eye level which avoids having your head hanging down at an angle.
- Take breaks from the device – Not only is it a good idea to take frequent breaks to stretch, but it is also important to take a break from the device itself.
How do you know it’s time to see a chiropractor for your neck pain?
Many people wake up with a stiff neck or sore muscles. There can be many reasons for this, including a particularly difficult workout the day before, sleeping on your neck or body the wrong way, or even not getting enough sleep the night before. You may even notice that your neck is more stiff and sore if you use a different pillow! For the most part, random neck pain is nothing you should be concerned about and typically you do not need to do anything about it but change up your sleeping habits or stretch more. However, if you are noticing that you have more chronic neck pain or recurring neck pain, it may be time to give chiropractic care a chance.
When is it time to seek help from a chiropractor?
There are a few signs that you can be looking out for when you start noticing your neck pain is more frequent.
- Your neck pain is acute. Because of how important your neck is to the function of your body, you may wish to see a medical doctor as well as a chiropractor to ensure you get both an accurate diagnosis and the correct type of treatment for the pain you are dealing with. However, if you are suffering from whiplash after a car accident or something else acute, your chiropractor can safely adjust you and get you back to feeling like your old self again.
- Your neck pain is not going away. Random neck pain is one thing. However, when you start noticing that your neck pain is chronic and is not going away, it may be time to see how you can incorporate chiropractic care into your life.
- You have difficulty looking in certain directions. This includes having a limited range of motion or being completely unable to look up, down, or side to side. Not only will your chiropractor be able to adjust you safely, but they can also give you physical therapy techniques to help you when you are unable to fully turn your head.
- You have headaches that accompany neck pain. When you are dealing with neck pain, you may notice that other areas of your body are starting to do poorly. You want to ensure your spine is in alignment so that your body can receive the correct messages. Neck pain can quickly turn into chronic headaches, and many people find their headaches are relieved once they get frequent neck adjustments.
Visit Your Local Chiropractor Today!
These are just a few signs that it is time to seek chiropractic care when you are dealing with neck pain. You should not assume that your neck is going to start feeling better. It is also important that you do not take pain medication in hopes that the pain goes away. Pain medication can temporarily make you feel better when all it does is mask the pain. Instead, get to the source of the problem by visiting your chiropractor today.
Contact Our Office Today
There is no way to avoid electronic devices, especially if your job involves being on a computer all day. If you are having tech neck issues, a Miami neck pain chiropractor from Aventura Wellness & Rehab Center can help. Call our office today to schedule a consultation and find out what kind of treatment plans are available for you.